Wrightsocks were recommended from a friend who gave me a free pair to try out. I had seen them, and thought it would be nice to own a pair but thought technical socks were too expensive. Obviously, when the opportunity to get a free pair arose, I jumped on it. I haven’t been disappointed. Since then I have bought other pairs to supplement, but I still own that original pair of Wrightsocks. They don’t even have a single hole in them (with running 10-12 miles a day), I haven’t had a blister on my foot for over 5 years, and I have finally found that simple answer.
Here is what Wrightsock’s website says about their product:
In competition, your feet are subjected to extreme stress. As your body heats up, your feet get wet, hot and chafed. The combination of moisture, heat and friction often leads to painful blisters and discomfort that keeps you from performing at your peak. How can you eliminate this problem? WRIGHTSOCK Double Layer Socks are the answer!
WRIGHTSOCK Double Layer construction coupled with the most technically advanced fibers, delivers the blister protection that you need. They provide year round comfort and performance with a no blister- guarantee.
WRIGHTSOCK Double Layer delivers their no blister promise through a three-part system:
1. Moisture Management: The Dri-WRIGHT inner layer wicks moisture off the skin better than any other fabric. The Result... your feet stay dry.
2. Temperature Regulation: Staying dry means staying cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter. The Result... your feet are more comfortable.
3. Friction Reduction: Interaction between the inner and outer sock layers absorbs friction that is normally transferred to the skin. The Result... skin shear is eliminated.
1. Patented 3rd attachment keeps socks aligned.
2. The outer layer is construced of fibers specific to the activity.
3. The inner layer is always a smooth, undyed, hydrophobic surface against the foot. PATENTED!
4. Friction and shearing forces, created by rigorous activity, are absorbed by the interaction between the inner and outer layers of the sock instead of being passed on to the outer layers of the skin. The result is less blistering.
5. Color coded toe seams for easy size matching.
6. All Wrightsocks available at 26.2 Running Co. are priced at $9.50.